- Q Can this be used as a diet drink if not what is the best product to help lose weight?
Increasing your protein intake at the expense of sugar, starchy carbs and fat is the easiest way to lose fat, so yes this product will help. Probably the best product for this is Eat Smart by iSatori - it is high in protein and patented fibres that decrease hunger. When taken between meals or 15 - 30 min before meals it causes you to eat less.
- Q hey
ive been doing weightlifing for about a year now and want to step it up abit, would it be ok if i were to take this , side effects due to age etc .. thanks
Whey protein is just a protein derived from milk, which has been found to be the most effective protein for recovery from exercise and for muscle growth and repair. It is also absorbed the fastest and has many health benefits. So go ahead and use the whey 2 or 3 times per day regardless of your age (I assume you're over 4 years old?). Be sure to take it with a big whack of carbohydrates (maltodextrin, dextrose, sugar, waxy maize, etc) right after training.
- Q hi , is it alright too add extra bcaa when I"m taking this product ?what else can I add to make it more efective?
Adding extra BCAA's would be ideal with this product because you would want a steady stream of amino acid's in the blood stream during the course of the day. So having your BCAA's 20 minutes before training would be ideal and having the Pharma Whey after training. Something to supplement with these would be creatine by PhD, as this is known for it's muscle building capabilities and effect on strength levels.
- Q Hi ,should I take it in non training days?If yes ,how many times and how many servings?
With regards Maciej
Feel free to use Phd Pharma whey whenever you need an extra boost in protein. Perfect for anytime of the day. Consume 1-3 servings per day every day.
- Q hi again,
i just recieved my pharma whey from you guys and im a bit confused with the dosage. do i only need one scoop every time i have a shake or is it 2 scoops with double the ammount of water ????
You can use either 1 or 2 scoops and as many servings as you think are necessary depending upon your body size, how hard and often you're training, if you trained on that day and how much protein you've had from other sources that day.
Use 200 to 250 ml water for every scoop. You could also mix with milk if you desire the extra protein and calories.
- Q Hi i want to now whats the best source of whey protein.Is it reflex instant whey better or pharma whey. thanks
Both are very comparble with less than 2 grams of carbs or fat.
- Q hi i was jus wondering if you could take a high protein shake like phd pharma whey, hydroxycut hardcore with a creatine suppliment too? and if so wen would be the best times in the day to take these?
Take protein with meals if the meal is not high in protein or take it between meals if not. Most importantly, take it after your workouts with a big whack of carbs (about 75 grams - you can buy cheap carb powders that can be mixed in water to take with or after your protein shake).
Take the creatine after workouts (at least 5 grams but not more than 10) and take it just before your biggest meal or with a protein shake on "off" days. Take the Hydroxycut according to label instructions - first thing in the morning and just before lunch.
For the very best and latest information on supplements and the most effective diet strategies and exercise tips, click on http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/v/articles - which is the "ALL NEW Article Section" on the TropicanaFitness.com website. The info on the site is written by experienced, qualified industry experts and is backed by proper scientific research on what works and what doesn't!
- Q Hi there.. a have a few questions about this product since I've heard LOADS of good comments about it..
1) Is it suitable for someone like me aiming to gain lean muscle mass while trying to lose fat?
2) Can it be used as a meal replacement during the day?
3) What is the recommended use for maximum results?
4) How does it compare for my aims when compared with USN Pure Protein IGF-1?
Sorry for the number of questions.. I would appreciate a reply.. Thanks
It is perfect for losing fat without losing muscle. It is difficult to lose fat and gain muscle on ANY product because gaining muscle requires that you eat a lot of calories and losing fat requires restricted calories.
If used as a meal replacement often, ensure that you are using a multivitamin or eating some fruit and veg. For maximum results, use 2 to 4 scoops per day - more on training days and more on days that you don't eat much protein. It is very similar to IGF-1 but is all whey protein, whereas IGF-1 is a combination of whey and other proteins.
- Q Hi,
Can I mix a scoop of creatine with this product for pre and post work out?
Yes, and adding a good amount of carbs (50 to 100 grams of waxy maize or maltodextrin etc) will further help with creatine retention in the muscle and recovery from exercise. Click "Bodybuilding" in the top left of the website and then click "Carbohydrate Powders".
- Q Hi,
I go to the gym 3/4 times a week and have been told that if i started to take a protein supplement it would really benefit my training. I dont want to bulk up, I would just like some more muscle definition. Would this be a good product to take to achieve this or would you advise something different?
Thanks for your help.
Increasing your intake of quality protein (whey is the highest-quality protein) will help you achieve your protein requirements, which are difficult to hit without supplementing.
Increasing the percentage of protein in the diet will help you lean out a bit and support better muscle growth and recovery. This should result in significant improvements in your muscle definition.
- Q hi,
i need some help!! im recently been getting back into my training after injury and my aim is initially fat loss. so im wondering weather to use this product as a meal replacement or as a snack in between meals :) also what fat burner would you stack with this?? i was warned off of hydroxy cut, and was told that met rx cla is good ?? please help me out??
It's best used with breakfast (unless you're getting several eggs or another high-quality protein with breakfast. After training (and with a big dose of carbs). With snacks between meals.
You can stack it with any fat burner. Some of our best are Hydroxycut, Xendrine, Cuts, etc. Not sure why you would have been warned off Hydroxycut - it's the biggest-selling fat burner in the world. CLA works great for some but not for others, any reputable brand will be fine to use.
- Q hi, I was just wondering, I just want to tone up not major build, I do alot of swimming and varied wieght lifting and cv work, could I mix 3 servings into one shaker bottle to drink threw out the day- would this have an effect on the protein? and what would you recommend for cutting up the fat around the muscles everywhere? thanks
Higher protein diets help with fat loss, exercise recovery, bone strength (if you get plenty of calcium) and muscle growth. You can mix the shake early in the day and as long as you use a clean shaker and keep it refrigerated (as you would with milk), it won't have a negative effect on the protein (it may have some effect on the flavour but that would vary depending upon the product).
- Q Hi, I've recently started weight training around 2 months ago using no supplemants and i've gained a bit of muscle. I've read the previous reviews and questions about this product and i was wondering if this Pharma Whey would be suitable for me if i want to bulk up and build lean muscle, Thanks.
PhD Pharma Whey is our best-selling whey protein and is tasty, high-quality and low in carbs and fat, so excellent choice. This will allow you to hit your protein requirements for growth and recovery. If you aren't gaining weight, you will have to either eat more food or buy a weight gainer product to hit your calorie requirements. Also, creatine is a "no brainer" as a safe and effective way of gaining lean mass without any fat gain. If you have a fast metabolism, want maximum gains or have trouble gaining muscle, use a creatine product like Cell-Tech or Mutant Cre-X12.
- Q Hi, Im looking to start using Pharma whey while i am cutting up. Are there any other supplement I could take to help with the process, I know of green tea but thats it. thanks
The best fat burner-type products we sell currently are Xenadrine RFA-X and Animal Cuts. They contain green tea and other known fat burning ingredients. You are definitely right to keep your protein intake high. Creatine prevents muscle loss when dieting and can slightly improve your cutting results but that's about it.
For the best diet to achieve maximum success,
see The Can’t Fail Diet article - http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/v/article/a/95
- Q Hi, Is this a good product to loss weight as a meal replacement at dinner? if not what is the best product for this?
Go with the Lean Body for Her. Other "best MRPs" for fat loss are Eat Smart by iSatori and Diet Whey by PhD.
- Q Hi, ive been using the PHD Whey for a while now and i am noticing the difference over all my body but for some reason i seem to be having problems losing the tyre around my lower stomach, sit ups are working the mid and upper abs, the lower are firming up but are covered with what i think is water, Can you help.
With most guys, this is the last bit of stubborn fat that comes off the body when dieting down. All you can do is keep doing what you're doing but add a bit more or higher intensity exercise, increase the protein and cut the carbs a bit more (but don't forget to carb up or have a cheat meal every 4 or 5 days). It could be a bit of water but that can only be addressed by watching the sodium and a few other pre-contest tricks that time and space dont allow for.
- Q Hiya, I m wondering my goal s have lean muscles, before training I take 3tabs. PHD bcaa+shock therapy during work out intra-aid, after training immediately Nitro-Tech in 20min Storm. Can I use Pharma whey HT.. instead of Nitro ? or Could you recommend me a good stack ? Also I have a box beef aminos, Zma+multivitamin tabs.+Halo+Inner Amour Quad protein. Stocked them time to time :) Thanxs
It look's like you have a great variety of supplements and would recommend continuing with what you are doing. You can replace Nitrotech with PH pharma whey but just be aware that Pharma whey does not contain creatine like the nitro nor dose it contain as much protein per-serving.
- Q I want to keep the size i am now but shape the muscles even better (cut to shreds look), would this product be best for the type of results i am looking for?
Yes, Pharma Whey is very low in carbs and fat and high in protein. Teh best diet strategy is to keep the protein high and keep cutting the carbs and fat until you are losing about 1 kilo per week (more in the first few weeks or if you are very over-weight).
You could also try a fat-burner like Animal Cuts, Xenadrine or Arson.
To further minimize muscle loss, take a creatine product (and don't listen to any "experts" who may tell you that it makes you hold water).
For the best advice on losing fat and maintaining maximum muscle, see the article - http://www.tropicanafitness.com/view/v/article/a/95
- Q Is Pharma whey still suitable for vegetarians in this new ht form?
Yes, the tub states "Suitable for Vegetarians"
- Q Ok, so I find Pharmawhey a much better option the maximuscle...cheap, tastes better and seems to provide better results...but, I do find I get an upset stomach after Pharmawhey more often than I did with Maxim...after reading various bits of inromtaion on the net, I have found out that the body can only handle certain amounts of protein at once...with me having a sensitive stomach anyway, I can see my "certain amount" being quite low...do you know if I made my shake with extra water would it over dilute the protein? Would I still be getter good quality protein?
There is no limit to how much proteint the body can 'absorb' in a person with a healthy gut. The only limitation is on how much of that protein gets 'retained' in the muscle. Any excess beyond your requirements will be eliminated in the urine. Your requirement will depend upon how many calories and how much protein you have eaten and how recently and on when/how intensely you last trained, your body size and other factors. Your stomach upset sounds like it is something to do with the protein but it is impossible to tell for sure. Many of us here use the Pharma Whey with no such negative effects and we love the taste, quality and low cost. You can try it with more water and this will not affect the quality of the protein. You should also try sipping it very slowly. If this doesn't work, try another brand - Whey Maxx is good and EAS Myopro has a similar nutrition profile and quality and also tastes very good and is about the same price.
- Q what carb soure would be best mixed with this whey protein post workout? I have brought phd waxy-vol but think maybe its best pre workout? Thanks.
Waxy Vol is made of "low GI" carbs, so not best for post-workout. You can use any of the maltodextrin or dextrose products (click on "Bodybuilding" in the top left of the website and click on "Carbohydrate Powders"). One product we suggest is Waxy Maize Maxx.
- Q what is the best tasting flavour
Most of us agree that the strawberry is best tasting (if you like strawberry) - it's fantastic!
- Q what kind of vitamin content is there per serving? or does it contain no other nutritional content
This product doesn't contain added vitamins or minerals. It is natually high in calcium and contains other vitamins and minerals naturally.
whey protein is used by bodybuilders and sportsmen because it is the best source of protein and amino acids to assist in muscle building and repair and not because it contains other nutrients.
- Q Can I use this shake (combined with some fruit) as a meal replacement if for example I take one large shake with two scoops at 2pm and I'm doing my training at 5pm?
Yeah that would be fine, a slower digesting carbohydrate source other than fruit would be more suitable to take pre-workout to ensure you have steady blood sugar during your training, consider oats with the shake.
- Q Can you please tell me what is the cholesterol levels in this protein?
Unfortunately Phd do not list the cholesterol level on this product. We recommended contacting Phd direct for further information.
- Q Hello.
First of all, let me thank you for your advise previously as it was really useful.
As I mentioned to you earlier, I am trying to build some muscles and lose a little bit of fat around the lower Abs.
As per your advise, I am currently using Phd Diet Whey but recently came across Phd Pharma Whey HT+... Would you suggest to replace Phd diet Whey with Pharma HT+ ? Can you please give your valuable advise for increasing lean muscle and not fat?
I usually exercise in the morning first thing. I am bit confused as Pharma HT+ is low in fat as compared to diet whey but I think diet Whey also contain fat burning ingredients.
I only want to keep one product and two. Please help.
Pharma Whey HT does contain top quality whey which is absorbed fast upon ingestion and is low in carbs which is perfect to lose bodyfat. However when trying to encourage lean muscle growth, carbohydrates are a must. This product would be fine to use but do ensure you are taking some form of carbohydrates throughout the day as well as post workout (Maltodextrin post workout powder unflavoured for example) - Sweet potato during the day. Be sure to monitor your progress daily and weekly to ensure you are making the gains you are working so hard for.
- Q Hey, I just want to know, what is the difference between synergy iso 7 and Pharma whey HT. Will the pharma whey make me bulk up a bit? does pharma also have the "all in one" with strength, recovery, power etc.... without bulk.? All im looking for is, u know Cristiano Ronaldo. I would like to know that exact type of body...whether he bulks up or more pharma whey? Will the synergy make me really big?
I want to bulk up but not soo much...liek those big bodybuilders...
Pharma whey will help you increase muscle mass as will Synergy even though there are differences between the products. Synergy has more carbs in, it also has added creatine, a test boosting stack and L-glutamine which are proven to help increase strength, recovery and increase muscle mass. Pharma whey is stacked with BCAA's which will keep your body in an anabolic state which promotes muscle growth. You do need to remember however that these products will supplement your diet and not replace it, so if your diet and supplementation is very good you will acheive results that you desire.
- Q Hi
I'm looking for some advice.I've been doing gym 4 times a week and karate class 2-3 times per week.Sometimes I have gym (early morning),and karate at evening in the same day.I'm using Synergy Iso-7 actually before and after gym and it works really well and I was thinking about to use Pharma whey for my karate .Is it good idea? Or should I use only Pharma whey for both of my activities?
No feel free to stack the two together thats fine.
- Q Hi I am new ive jus started weight training I'm 21 and a very slim lad av got just a little belly. I'm looking to bulk up and put on lean muscle would this be the product for me or shall I try something else and can I use this just the once post workout or shall I stick to the two servings a day??
If you're just starting, you can gain muscle whilst losing fat at the same time but after a while you'll have to focus on doing one or the other.
A better product for you would be Synergy Iso-7 as it has more calories and contains creatine. This will give you more rapid gains in strength and muscle mass. It is still fairly low in calories and carbs so should yield lean gains.
Take it 1 or 2 times daily (and 1 serving always after training). Adjust the Synergy and your protein and calorie intake according to whether you are gaining muscle. If you start gaining too much fat cut back on the carbs a little.
- Q Hi Phil,
I am 15 years old and over the last year i have being trying to bulk up. I recently starting taking Pvl mutant mass. It has helped me put on about half a stone and i still have about a half a bag of it left. However i have put on quite a bit of fat around by abs, i used to be able to see the four upper abs and now i can only see the upper two. After i am going to try shred some fat from around my waist to try and get my abs back but i do not want to lose the muscle i have added. I was thinking of using PHD pharma whey. Taking one scoop three or four servings a day. I am wanting to build more muscle while losing fat. I play rugby twice a week and try go to the gym once or twice a week doing mostly bench, deadlifts, squats, lat row machine then an ab routine. Would this be beneficial to do this. Also i was thinking of maybe taking lean degree during summer, however i have read fat burners can have bad effects is this true. Thanks Cammy
To put on muscle mass, unless you're just starting out, you'll have to gain some fat along with the muscle because you need extra calories to gain. So stick with a weight gainer or eat lots of food and use the Pharma Whey.
When it comes time to cut, just use a high protein diet (Pharma Whey) and gradually cut your carbs until you're losing 1 or 2 pounds per day. You should avoid fat burners at your age.
- Q Hi there,
I have recently commencing a strength training programme (3 days a week) along with 2 days of cardio work. Is this product suitable for muscle gain & toning without putting on the weight? If not, can you recommend an alternative please?
It is perfectly fine if you can consume some sort of carbs with it in the form of maltodextrin post workout for example. Your diet also would be the main thing ensuring you don't gain too much weight (unwanted body fat) so monitor that weekly to ensure you aren't over consuming calories or consuming less than you need.
- Q Hi there.
Am thinking of using pharmaa whey while doing cardio and trying to lose a little fat. Is this product any good for this purpose? Thanks
Yes but maybe try Phd Diet way for better results and stack this with Phd CLA
- Q hi,
i have started using phd pharma whey. i am using strawberry flavor but i find that taste is little bitter(like coffee powder) with strawberry flavor. i don't know it is originally taster like that or something is wrong with it. kindly help me. thanx
We are unable to confirm this taste as you explain but if you find this to be an issue then please contact PHD direct for further information.
- Q Hi,
The container size in the summary says 908g. Is this the 2.2kg tub or a 908g tub?
Also is this product suitable for those who are lactose intolerant?
The product you are referring to is 2.2kg, though it also comes in a 908g size; both are listed under the 'Nutrition' section, so that you can easily access the information, plus available sizes.
Pharma Whey does have a lactose content. Alternatively, CytoSport Muscle Milk is free from lactose.
- Q Hi, how long does a 2.27kg tub of pharma whey last after the seal has been broken? Does it last until the batch sell by date? (I.e. Before seal is broken) it should do as even though the seal is broken. It is air tight. Could you please let me know. Many thanks
If it is stored in a dry place that is a fairly constant moderate temperature and it is well sealed, it will last until the sell by date.
- Q hi, i was wondering if this will help to gain weight with a good increase?
No, opt for a mass gainer like Reflex instant mass or PVL Mutant Mass.
- Q Hi, was wondering if you could help. Im doing the p90x workout in addition to running a couple of times with the aim to lose weight and fat. I have been using Nitrotech hardcore as a post workout drink but havent really been feeling less sore or anything. Was trying to decide if i should be trying pharma whey as a protein only one, or the synergy one?
Carbohydrates are the main transport system for nutrients. Even when looking to increase muscle mass or decrease body fat carbohydrates are still essential post-workout to help replenish glycogen levels and speed up recovery rate. The reason you are feeling sore could be the lack of carbohydrates post workout. Nitro-tech is fantastic post-workout but is better taken with a simple sugared carb source like maltodextrin as creatine uptake will also be increased. Synergy ISO-7 will also be great post-workout as this is an all-in-one product which contains all the essentials for post-workout recovery.
- Q hi. i have in the past used this along with creatine, l-glutamine and bcaa's in a stack for pre and post workout. i recently bought a tub of synergy and have been using that but wonder which is the better route to go...the stack, or the synergy?
i am curently doing strength training and looking to build mass then cut in
They are very similar in products contained however with the stack, you can ensure that you are reaching your adequate amount of protein, glutamine, creatine and BCAAs without overspilling on the carbohydrate content that is contain within the Synergy. On the other hand, synergy has a few little extras contained in there such as a test booster.
- Q I am a woman looking to loose body fat, is PHD Diet Whey good to be using, and what is the best time to take?
Yes, as the extra added fat burning ingredients will help speed up you metabolism. Also would be beneficial for you to stack it with a decent fat burner like Grenade.
- Q I have been using myprotein for a while now and have just recently changed to pharma whey, however, i hav difficulty mixing the powder.... it stays very frothy for very long and in most cases there is a lot of froth left when i come to drink it. can anyone help me with this?
This usually only happens with the strawberry flavour. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with the product, it's just the nature of that flavour in the flavouring system they use.
- Q i have purchased pharma whey ht.my container had white plastic lid.but when i see on net...every container had alluminum lid......is this a new packing or somthindg else.i previously used iso 7.it has alliuminium lid...and no protection seal inside.but pharma whey has a protection seal inside the lid.plz help.......
I'm not aware of a white lid being used on Pharma Whey but it's possible they changed it and didn't inform us. The ones in our warehouse seem to all have silver lids.
- Q I have the perfect BMI and want to gain Lean Muscles as quickly as possible (abs and arms). I want just one product (not have to mix). I will be having an intense exercise program, 10 miles run and 10 miles cycle a day as well as weight and maybe even a row! This or Reflex One Stop Xtreme? And why? Thanks
One stop extreme has the carbs that you will need to build muscle, Pharma Whey HT has very little carbs and for that reason you should go with the One stop. It also had added BCAA's, glutamine and creatine in there to enhance muscle recovery and keep your body in an anabolic state.
- Q I'm looking for a product that help you recovery after a good workout, lower fat and increase muscle mass, is this the right product for me?
This is brilliant to help repair muscles after a workout and boosting metabolism however this product alone without a good nutritional programme would not give the desired effects, it will aid in acheiving those goals.
- Q Is a full scoop equal to 25g or just half a scoop?
1 scoop is 25 grams
- Q is phd pharma whey protein low lactose or lactose free
It seems to have up to 2g of lactose per serving.
If you are looking for a lactose free whey then take a look at :
AST VP2 Whey Isolate
- Q is the 18.5g of protein you get from this based on water or milk because it doesnt say anywhere about it. So im assuming if it is 18.5g based on taking it with water, do you then get extra protein if you have it with milk?
The nutritional information provided is applicable to water - not milk.
You would get a small amount of extra protein if you were to mix this with milk (approximately 3-4g per 100ml serving), but please be aware that 18.5g of protein is an adequate quantity for your body to utilise at any given time (any more than 20-30g, dependent on individual body composition is simply surplus to the body's requirements).
Remember that whilst you may be adding protein, milk is also a source of lactose (which is a sugar) and fat (depending on which type of milk you choose), as well as other nutrients, which will affect the overall calorie content.
I hope the above information assists with your query.
- Q Is this suitable for teenage girls to take?
- Q my son is 16 he's 6ft but very slim and wants to use a product like it is save for some one of his age?
This product is designed to increase quality protein intake and is our best-selling product but if he has a fast metabolism and is skinny and only 16, he needs a weight gainer product to meet his calorie needs. Weight gainers are perfectly safe as all ingredients are foods designed to be a convenient, low-cost meal that is high in calories, high-quality protein (higher than anything you can buy at Tesco), with healthy fats and fibre added.
He has to keep upping his calories until he begins to consistenly gain weight
- Q what is the result if i only take one serving after waking up and another serving after 60min workout?
An increased protein intake through out the day which would result in a steady release of aminos in the blood and protein for recovery after your workout.
- Q when is the sell by date on this?