- Q because of fat burning ingrediants does it effect how late at night you can take this
This product doesn't seem to contain caffeine (it's not on the label), so it shouldn't be a problem. Although green tea polyphenols can have a stimulant effect, so if you are quite sensitive to stimulants you could still have a possible interruption in sleep.
- Q Can I use this product to lose weight? And can I use this product with jack3d?
- Q can you add a fat burner product with this i was thinking of usn xedra cut xt thermo
Yes, just be aware that the Diet Whey has a small amount of caffeine in it (but not much), so you're getting caffeine from both products.
- Q Can you use phd diet whey before & after a workout? Also do you have two scoops before and after workout or can you use just one scoop to get best results.
Two scoops would be better to utilise after a workout and we recommend having 2 scoops 1 hour before training too to keep a steady stream of amino's in the blood.
- Q Hi I wanted to ask when would I take this shake because I also have some maximuscle cyclone and normally take that before going to the gym because it has creatine in it, so when would be the best time to take this before gym or after?
As you would any other protein product.
Morning, pre/post-workout and before bed or/and in-between any meals..
- Q Hi,I am currently taking synergy iso-7 and v-pump.I want lean muscle gains,would this diet whey help to give me good shape or would i just be wasting my time with it?
Iso-7 is a moderate carb lean-gainer all-in-one product, so is decent when trying to get lean. Diet Whey will work very well if you take it before meals and then eat less at the meal or if you replace meals with it.
- Q I have just bought Protein IGF 1 and V-Max Pump and split on combining it with Diet Whey by PHD. The plan is to take Diet Whey before a workout and Protein IGF-1 after a workout in the hope of maintaining muscle and shedding bodyfat is it worth it?
You could just use the V-max pre workout with the Diet Whey and have Diet Whey again post-workout if you would rather just stick to two products. Finish the IGF-1 and then go with the Diet Whey going forward.
- Q im trying to loose fat and build muscle will this product work well and if so when should i take it?
It's difficult to build muscle and lose fat at the same time because you need extra calories to gain muscle and to cut calories to lose fat. So you should decide to either get lean or gain muscle. To get lean, the Diet Whey is excellent. For lean muscle gains, try Synergy Iso-7.
- Q When should you take this product, before the gym, or after the gym or both? im not sure, first time using this product!?
Hey Scott. you can use this product when ever you need to top up your protein intake. Take one hour prior to training and one serving immediately after.
- Q Will this product still help me build muscle! and hw often a day shud i be taking this product!
Generally, this product is designed to help with weight loss and is used by people who are on a calorie-restricted diet. So unless you are new to training or getting back into it after a layoff, it's doubtfull you can gain any significant muscle mass on a low calorie intake - you need lots of calories to gain muscle. The quality protein in this product will help you to retain more muscle whilst dieting though.
- Q Would you say to use this in place of pharma whey/ synergy iso 7?
I'm doing hypertrophy training and cardio 5 times a week, but I'm 100kgs and carrying a fair bit of muscle as well as fat. I want to drop down to 85-88 kilos but not loose muscle in the process. Can you help??
Yes, as long as you maintain a high in take of protein and gradually drop the carbs and unhealthy fats then you are on the right track.
This would be a great product to stack with one of our leading fat burners like :-
Lipo 6 black.
- Q 1) what food and drinks can i eat and drink while on the PHD whey diet.
2) i am a nurse and work odd hours so exercise is difficult can i still loose weights if i am only taking the Whey diet three times per day??
Lean meats and vegetables are your best bet when combining healthy food with a diet shake like PhD Diet whey. Limit sugar intake and general carbohydrate intake overall.
- Q Can I use Creatine and BCAA with this product?
Absolutely, this is done very commonly.
- Q Can i use phd whey protein diet inbetween meals and still shed weight can i use l-carnitine 500mg 1 day also together with 2 shakes a day while doing execise please let me know
It depends upon how high in calories your meals are, your training, your body size, your metabolic rate, etc.
Diet Whey is perfect for between meals to keep hunger at bay, increase metabolism and enhance muscle repair. If your meals are high protein and moderate carbs and your are exercising diligently, then you should have no trouble losing weight.
Yes, no problem using carnitine with Diet Whey.
- Q Does the phd diet whey high protein shake have caffeine them?
Green tea extract often contains naturally occurring caffeine which can range from 10-35 mg depending on the source. Caffeine however is a very useful tool for fat loss.
- Q Does this product have any bad side affects to other parts of your body? And on average how long does it take to start noticing a difference?
Diet Whey should be used in conjunction with a well balanced diet and exercise programme.
Taking Diet whey would not be expected to cause any type of side effects.
Each individual has a different ability to burn calories so you should aim to lose 1 - 2 kilos a week depending upon your body size. Obviously cutting excess fat and especially carbs from your diet and doing intense exercise will accelerate any results.
Please refer to product label for full information and directions of use.
- Q Hi guys,
what is the GI of this product?
On the product it states it has a Low GI index because of the Waxy Barley starch. It doesn't however state a number, but what constitutes a low GI is something that has 55 or less.
- Q Hi there,
I was just wondering if it was vegetarian friendly because I know some whey is an animal product and was hoping this wasn't?
I have checked the nutritional label for PhD Nutrition Diet Whey, and according to this, all flavours within this range are suitable for vegetarians.
- Q Hi,
I'm currently getting back into a regular gym regime to tone up and loose weight. I am between this product and the Maxitone sculptress. I've heard that Maxitone has a lot of caffeine in it, does this product also have a lot of caffeine? also which of the two would you recommend?
PhD Nutrition diet whey has no caffeine in neither has the Maxitone sculptress protein shake (Size 700g), however the 21 serving Maxiton Sculptress capsules have a high amount of caffeine in (459mg).
PhD Diet Whey is one of our biggest selling and most reviewed diet product, we've had tremendous feedback from customers and would highly recommend giving PhD Diet whey a try.
- Q Hi, can i take diet whey in the morning as a breakfast replacement and then again straight after my workout in the evening then have dinner 1 hour later or should i take diet whey before my workout?
Yes. You can use Diet whey in the way you have set out and can also take 1 serving around 1hr before exercise.
- Q Hi, can you use phd whey as a meal replacement?
Yeah definitely that is what its designed for. Ideally use in between meals according to your requirements and goals.
- Q Hi, I am a type 2 diabetic & trying to lose weight, I go to the gym 4 times a week and do 45 mins light weights and 45 cardio but I am struggling to lose weight, can you recommend a product to help with my weight loss and tone up at the same time.
Firstly, you need to do heavy weights as it will burn more calories than light weights, and do cardio after the weight training.
The fat loss tablets I would recommend are http://www.tropicanafitness.com/weight_loss/nutrex_lipo6_black_120ct.htm
With regards to the protein shakes I would recommend PhD Diet whey, it has fat loss ingredients in it so it will help you lose weight, it s a meal replacement, however you do need to eat 5-7 meals a day
- Q Hi, I am looking to loose around 1 stone and build lean muscle. I work out at the gym 3 times a week, I was looking to use phd diet whey at lunchtimes as a MR and use Parma HT+ post workout and during the day/pre workout. Would you recommend mixing the two or should I stick to one? I a,m currently using another brand which I dislike the taste of!
The Diet Whey is better as an MR, so stick with that and the HT+ is more versatile for use any time. So just stick with the Diet Whey at lunch or as a snack and then use the HT+ otherwise.
- Q Hi, I am trying to loose weight and was told this product is good as a meal supplement and post training. Would it be advisable to also have it pre-training as well as post? would that speed in the weight loss? And what type of foods should i be eating as i am Gluten tolarance.
Weight loss of a healthy type would be between 1-2lbs per week. Having this twice daily could ensure you maintain more muscle tone whilst losing body fat. If you are gluten intolerant your food should consists of quality protein, meat, fish with vegetables and carb sources such as sweet potato or yams.
- Q Hi, i go to the gym 3 times a week, i take PhD V-Max Pump before i go and PhD Nutrition Synergy-ISO-7 once i finish...when is the best time to take this diet whey...
DIet whey would be perfect with your oats or breakfast in the morning just one scoop, and other than that, you could use it before bed or whenever you need a protein hit through out the day, as it has very low carbs it won't impact fat storage too much, and with added fat burning properties in there with CLA, L-carnitine and green tea extract it can only aid your fat loss.
- Q Hi, i have just started today taking wheydiet protein, do i use this as a meal replacement?i work out in the house as i do not have the time to go to the gym, is there anything else i can do to speed up weight loss?
Diet Whey is designed to be used as either a meal replacement, or inbetween meals as a high-protein supplement, to stabilise appetite and provide extra nutrients. It also contains ingredients which can aid weight loss, i.e. green tea extract and essential fatty acids in the form of flaxseeds.
However, I advocate using Diet Whey as a supplement inbetween three healthy, balanced meals that are based around lean proteins, slow-release carbohydrates, healthy fats and of course, vegetables and fruit. It is recommendable that you take include one serving of Diet Whey post-workout.
A sensible eating regime, coupled with regular exercise is the best method for weight loss; there is no 'quick fix' or 'magic bullet' I am afraid. Slowly but surely will prove to be the most efficient way to lose weight and maintain this loss.
It is not necessary to go to the gym in order to exercise - what matters is consistency - doing some form of regular exercise will help you to achieve your fitness goals. Please bear in mind that you are more likely to stick to a diet/exercise regime that you enjoy.
I the above information answers your query.
- Q Hi, I prefer the taste of this when mixed in a blender so I struggle having a shake unless I'm at home. I therefore have a shake in the morning, breakfast mid morning, fruit at 12, lunch at 2, a yoghurt at 4, then I go gym about 7 followed by a shake then dinner.
Is this routine ok or would you suggests better routine?
Eating smaller, regular meals throughout the day is absolutely ideal - this will provide your body (most notably, your muscles) with a steady supply of nutrients, and will help to stabilise blood glucose levels, and thus, appetite.
It is important to establish a routine that you enjoy and that works for you, as this is a steadfast way of ensuring you will stick to it and can achieve your desired results.
Allow me to suggest adding a small portion of protein to the fruit you are eating - some cottage cheese; a small handful of nuts/seeds - this will ensure a steady release of energy and will add additional, valuable nutrients.
I hope the above information assists with your query.
- Q hi, i was told that i could use PHD diet whey as a meal replacement, 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch and a dinner of protein and veg. Also do about 1-2hrs exercise a day. Can i use it like this? as i am trying to lose weight. will it get me through my workouts?
Phd diet whey is designed to help fill the gaps between meals or supplement a meal that is lacking in high quality protein. You can use diet whey anytime you like day or night. Diet whey is extremely low in carbs so there will not be a large amount of energy present to fuel your workout. You may want to consider adding Phd V-max pump into your pre-workout nutrition as this will give you everything you need to see you all the way through your workout without giving you any unwanted carbs. Carbohydrates are essential post training as this speed up the rate of recovery as well as decrease muscle soreness for the following days.
- Q hi, i've just bought phd diet whey and phd lean degree in a deal, only really wanted the diet whey but thought id give the lean degree a go, only thing is im not really sure when or how much of the lean degree to be taking. any ideas? cheers
Simply take exactly how is described on the side of the container by the manufacture for best results.
- Q How much caffeine is in this product? And is it okay to mix with milk?
Phd do not list a direct caffeine source in Diet whey but it dose contain green tea extract which may or may not contain caffeine.
You can try to contact the manufacturer (PhD) but it may be proprietary (so they may not disclose this information).
- Q how much is this supplement going to cost post added VAT ???
The same price. Diet products will not be receiving the VAT increase.
- Q I am just starting to use diet whey, however I keep getting different answers about when to take it and how many scoops at a time and how many times a day. I am looking to lose about a stone of body fat and to be toned (nut not muscular or big) I work out at the gym around 4 times a week doing mainly cardio and light weights. when/how is best to use the diet whey shakes for the best result and how many scoops, I wish there was a diet plan to follow.
Take 1-3 servings daily of 1-2 scoops depending on how much you require. Diet whey can be used any time of the day or night and in-between meals.
- Q I am taking two phd lean degree tables upon waking each morning, I then either have breakfast and take 2 scoops of diety whey or just take the 2 scoops on their own. I then go to the gym 4 days a week not long after breakfast, I come home and have my normal meal and then have diet whey again with the recommended 2 scoops at night. I have only been taking it a few days and I can feel some effect. Why am I still getting cravings at night though? and also I really want this to impact on my love handles and help reduce them, can it do that?. I am obviously implementing a healthy diet combined with plenty of cardio at the gym as well as weights and fitness classes.
From what you have said we recommend you simply keep doing what your doing. As long as your loosing 1-2lbs a week then your on the right track. 12 weeks is a realistic time frame to see a noticeable difference.
- Q i am trying to shred fat and get lean...while doing some heavy weightlifting as well...i am also on cutting diet...can i take this product with PhD Creatine for a lean physique or is the combination of the 2 seperate products not right ??
Yes, the two products mentioned would be an ideal stack and would even recommend adding in Phd Lean Degree to help increase your calorie burning rate.
- Q I bought this product as I need to lose weight. I go to the gym 5/6 times a week - s mixture of bodypump and cardio. I'm unsure how often to take the product. I was planning on having it post workout and then having dinner after (chicken or omlette) I was planning to have eggs of toast at breakfast and a chicken salad or chicken in pitta at lunch. Is this ok and should I fit in another shake?
You should fit the protein shake ideally with breakfast (1scoop) and then most definately post workout (2scoops). Any other times is up to your discretion, if you need a protein hit at any time have a scoop. Ideally you should be getting 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight to maintain lean muscle tissue.
- Q I do cardio 4 times a week and do weights in between and want to have a lean body with some muscle on, not really looking to get huge though - biggest goal is to get cut really. I'm nearly there but not getting the definition I'm after - is this better for me than pharma whey and if so, should I be combining with anything?
The best combination to use would be a quality fat burner and a diet whey protein to really help with those stubborn areas. Grenade, Lipo6 black, Hydroxycut hardcore, Animal cuts are the best selling fat burners on the market and would compliment Diet whey nicely.
- Q I go to the gym in the morning should i take the diet whey before and after the gym or should i just take it once before or once after then another later in the day
I would advise that you take approximately two servings daily; once within thirty minutes following exercise, and the other, to bridge any nutritional gaps during the day, e.g. mid-morning/afternoon.
I hope this has addressed your query.
- Q i plan to drink this in the morning upon waking 1-2 scoops and post workout...how long should i wait after drinking this to have a meal / breakfast ???
No waiting time required.
- Q I started using PhD Diet Whey yesterday. I weigh 57.8kilos and my aim is to lose a maximum of 3 kilos and tone a lot [no big muscles, just toned]. I do 200 situps + leg and arm exercises in the evening. At what time do you recommend that I take this shake please? Thanks a lot
I would advise taking PhD Diet Whey twice daily - once in the morning and again following your work-out for the best results
Good luck with your regime!
- Q I want to lose weight but also to get a good tone and definition for my muscles, will this do the job or do you recommend something else?
Yes, this is an excellent fat-burning protein formula - helps with recovery from exercise and supports muscle and keeps you feeling full and metabolism boosted.
- Q i want to take this product pre-workout instead of post workout because of it fat burning ingrediant for maximum result .... but i take NO-Xplode or sometime NO-Shotgun for my preworkout supplement...can i mix my two supplements together safely or is it bad idea ??
We wouldn’t recommend mixing the two products directly together but it would be a good idea to take your diet whey around 60-90 minutes prior to your workout and your pre-workout supplement around 10-20 minutes prior to training. Please refer to product label for directions of use.
- Q i weigh 85 kg. how many scoops should i take and... how many days will this supplement last me on max.imum serving???
There are 40 servings in the 2kg.
- Q I work out 6 times a week, a mix of weights and cardio and would like to loose body fat and maintain muscle. Can I take a shake in the morning (8am) and a shake post workout (12) followed by a mid afternoon snack of fruit, cottage cheese or yogurt (4pm) followed by a balanced evening meal? Thanks
Whilst that is a fairly healthy regime that you have outlined, please be careful that you do not under-eat. You may find that you will benefit more from eating a decent breakfast, with a moderate carbohydrate content included (from a good source, e.g. oats); a lunch based on protein, such as a chicken salad or omelette, and an evening meal of say, baked salmon with steamed vegetables.
I would advise that you have your shake in the morning with breakfast (as opposed to instead of), and have a shake post-workout, with fruit. You could still eat the cottage cheese/yogurt late afternoon/early evening, or try peanut butter with veggie sticks, or a small handful of nuts.
Generally, there are two occasions throughout the day when eating carbohydrates is advisable - especially when you are aiming to lose body fat and maintain muscle. This is in the morning, for breakfast, and post-exercise. Glycogen, which is glucose stored in the muscles, is depleted both after exercise and following substantial periods without food. If you eat carbohydrates (moderately) at these times, they will simply replenish glycogen stores, and not be converted to surplus fat.
Carbohydrates are essential for fuelling the muscle; though it is tempting to cut carbohydrates in the belief that it will facilitate a more rapid weight loss, if your carbohydrate content is too low, this may actually hinder your performance. You may find that you tire more quickly, because there is simply not enough glucose available to power muscular contractions. It all comes down to clever timing of carbohydrate intake, and choosing the right sources (hence, oats in the morning and fruit following exercise).
If you do eat something like porridge oats for breakfast you could always mix a scoop of Diet whey in with it (just a tip). Eating consistently will aid your fitness goals and help to regulate your appetite. Moreover, it does not really matter when you eat specific meals, so long as they are spaced out; you do not go for very long periods during the day without food, and your protein intake is adequate - this is especially important during a weight loss programme, to prevent loss of valuable muscle tissue.
I hope you find the above information useful. If you have any further questions or require clarification on any matter, please voice these queries to: email@example.com
The Supplement Store
- Q I'm looking to start using a whey protein to complement my strength training and help me lose fat for a lean look(along with a high protein, low carb diet). I don't want to increase in size - Is this product suitable for a woman with this goal?
Yes this product is suitable as it acts like a low carb meal replacement with fat burning ingredients contained inside to help metabolise fat whilst following a good exercise and nutritional program.
- Q im 16 and play alot of rugby and football, would like to lose some weight and was thinking about buying these two products PhD Nutrition Diet Whey and phd recovery 2:1, would just like to know if this is a good idea taking the two?
Absolutely, Take the Diet Whey 1/2 hr before breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner and take the 2:1 after training and otherwise keep lowering your sugars and starchy carbs until you start consistently dropping weight.
- Q Is this protein suitable for vegetarians?
Yeah this protein is fine for vegetarians
- Q when it asks use 1 to 2 scoops,what does that mean?how many spoonfuls of powder should i use for my protein shake? its the second time i have used it and i just want to make sure i,m not having too much or less that what i,m having.i also go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week so should i have it before and after training?
It is advisable that you measure one-two level scoops of Diet Whey, and mix this with 175ml of water (per scoop) or more, until the desired consistency is reached.
I would advise using this supplement inbetween three balanced meals, twice daily, with one of these servings (ideally) taken post-exercise.
For example, you could eat breakfast; a Diet Whey shake mid-morning; lunch; a Diet Whey shake mid-afternoon (following exercise); evening meal and a light, pre-bed snack. If you use one scoop per serving, a 1kg container will last longer, yet still provide key nutritional benefits to aid your weight loss/toning goals. Used like this, Diet Whey will help to stabilise blood glucose levels and thus, appetite, as well as aiding fat loss due to the important ingredients it contains, and preventing the breakdown of vital muscle tissue.
I hope this information has addressed your query.
- Q Would I be able to use this shake as a meal replacement throughout the day? I wanted to have breakfast (cereal), plus 2 shakes throughout the day and then go to the gym. Will this be ok? Thanks
Yes you can use this as a meal replacement providing your diet is sufficient in essential nutrients.
- Q Hello , can you tell me if the PHD Diet Whey is suitable for vegetarians please? Thanks
- Q Hi,should I drink this protein at moorning on empty stomach before cardio or after? and also I want to ask If can I also drink Mutant whey on my normal weight tranings (becasue its has bccas) Currecly im 21%body fat and 76kg and I wanted to get shreddes fastest I can.
Yes, drink it before cardio as your breakfast. Then have it again 30 minutes before lunch. You may want to have a high-protein snack between breakfast and lunch. Both the Diet Whey and Mutant Whey have BCAAs (found naturally in high amuonts in Whey Protein). Then have a normal, healthy, high-protein dinner.
- Q I am looking to maintain my muslce size while loosing fat. How often per day would you recommend I take the shake and when? I was thinking a replacement for breakfast but would I also need to take one after my workshop 4 times a week? Many Thanks
If this is your only protein supplement you are taking, then yes, first thing in the morning and after weight training and other intense exercise. Ensure you eat at least 2 grams of protein for every kilo of your body weight daily to maintain muscle.
- Q How much caffeine per 1 scoop does the protein have in?
PhD do not list a direct caffeine source in the ingredients list in this product, but it does contain Green Tea Extract which often contains naturally occuring caffeine.
- Q Can I take raspberry ketones whilst taking phd diet whey shakes/bars?
Yes you certainly can, they will compliment each other.
- Q Hello i take phd diet whey in the morning at 4.30 am also 2 whole grain oatabix with semi skimmed milk. Then at 9.00 am i eat 4 eggs whites scrambled. At 12.40pm could i use nano vapour before 1.40 pm when i do weight training till 3pm Then i have a protein shake again (phd diet whey.) My goal is to build muscle and burn fat. I also drink 3 cups of green tea is this ok?
Hi Paz, Yes, that's fine, as long as you are also having another meal or two at some point later in the day. Keep adjusting your intake so that you gain very slowly and this will help insure that you gain minimal fat along with your muscle gains (or even lose fat if you are training very hard and consistently).
- Q Calcium content is not listed on the label, does that mean there isn't any?
Whey protein naturally contains calcium, so it doesn't have to be listed on the label in most circumstances. This product probably contains between 50 and 100mg of calcium per scoop.
- Q What is the calcium content in diet whey PHD per 100g ?
In the range of about 200-400mg
- Q Hi,
I want to try phd whey protein and not particularly sure what is the best way to incorporate it into my day as I'm an absolute beginner and never really sticked to fitness routine before.
I don't need to loose weight, maybe 1 kg or so, but would like to be more fit, toned and lean. I train 3 times a week (high intensity 28 min circuit trainings with low weights) plus do 3 cardio sessions. I also take thermo drinks before my exercises to help burn fat.
I never want to eat after exercises in the evening and was worried that it's not good for my body not to recover after workouts (I also eat around 1200-1400 calories a day). So I though I could use PHD protein as dinner replacement after weight workouts 3 times a week? Also is it fine to drink thermo bubbles before workout and protein shake after?
Thank you so much.
Firstly, apologies for the late response. Protein has the dual role of reducing appetite and increasing your metabolic rate and improving recovery from exercise. So all of your meals should contain at least 20 grams of quality protein from meat, chicken, fish, eggs, dairy. Whey protien is particularly good, so add it to any meals that don't have enough quality protein and have it right after workouts too. This will keep you feeling fuller, increase metabolic rate/calorie burning and improve your results from exercise.
- Q Hi,
Is this suitable for Vegetarians?
Yes, there are no animal-sourced ingredients in this product.